Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just a piece of paper!



Passing by
A meeting of different ‘papers’…..

Asserting importance,
Heard one say with authority
“I am the most valuable one, I am Rs. Ten thousand”
Second said loudly
“I am the most revered, holy words are printed on me and….”
Third said interrupting,
“I am most needed, I clean. Think what will happen without me!”
Paper of account ledger said
“Don’t you see I am very important? That is why kept so well”
Paper of school textbook was polite
“I just teach and so respected”
And another said charmingly “I beautify walls”
……………………………………..
…………………………………….
I found myself smiling
“How easily they forget they are just a piece of paper


Next day
In a heated debate at workplace
I saw paper, I was making notes on,
……smiling!
Heard telling me
"How easily you forget you are just a human?
why get so heated and take sides?"



--
OSI Prompt : Paper

17 comments:

Beyond said...

Simple and sweet, to keep the ego aside. Loved it.

Jyoti Mishra said...

short, sweet but deep !!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love this imaginary dialogue challenge of paper characters! Very creative!

anthonynorth said...

So many variations to its use. nice one.

totomai said...

paper personifications! cool idea!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Paper, no matter how you look at it is important to us. This made me smile too.

Nanka said...

Well said Harshadji!! Very meaningful!! Each one is important in his own special way and ego has no place in there!! Humble acceptance of what you are is the need!!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this! We do tend to forget all the personalities of paper, don't we?

Anonymous said...

love this...!!

shail said...

I loved the the voice you have given to the different papers :) Good one.

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful!!! I love your interpretation.

Laura Maria said...

Humorous while still teaching a lesson. Excellent poem :)

Anonymous said...

Harshad, good evening. Your poem is so creative. Ah the cleaner where would be without, as well as the cleaner of souls.

Jim said...

Reminds me of the Animal Farm rule where "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

The animals all began arguing on who was the most equal.
..

Ramesh Sood said...

Sorry for being late.. Harshadji... this is very good.. loved the ending. smiling..

Maggie said...

Sometimes paper forgets a pencil has an eraser...enjoyed the read.

SandyCarlson said...

I like this very much and can relate. I say we opt for the smiles.