Sunday, September 5, 2010

HIS GRACE

Who am I ?


  I have my fears  &


  I have my hopes.



I am my fears when
I talk about it,
I take shelter behind it,
I make a show of it,
I let it rule me,
I let others address it or
When I think I am it.
          

  I am my hopes when
  I see it,
  I talk about it,
  I think it will come true,
  My actions are ruled by it,
  I am working for it,
  Others address to it or
  When I think it is me.

  Who am I?
  My fears  or
  My hopes?

  Whose choice is it?
             
                                                      
                                                                            30.8.04
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 Friends, 

‘Who am I?’ was written six years back in ’04.  As the poem reads, I then thought it was a 
choice of an individual to select an attitude and live his life.

Today there seem to be a shift. As the haiku ‘My Choice?’  reads, I think though it may appear 
to be my choice to me, awareness of choice itself is a result of His grace. 
One can easily slip in a state of mind that has no choice. Isn't it?

Life has taught me this in the the span of six years . HIS grace.

                                                                **


My Choice?




His grace

And

You remain aware of choices, always.







                                                                 
                                                                                                                                 5.9.10
OSI Prompt : Choices
--

15 comments:

Geraldine said...

I like this, a lot! Good work with the prompt and so true...


www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Gemma Wiseman said...

Beautiful reflections on how best to activate choices!

Married To Singaporean said...

"Who am I? My fears or My hopes?" -Many times, I asked myself same question.

gautami tripathy said...

It works for me..

ode to shoes

Vinay Leo R. said...

a fine rendering.. and He is always a part of our choices! :) nice one Harshadji..!

My OSI

Harshad Mehta said...

@Leo: Thank you so much for completing - and HE is always a part of our choice!

Ramesh Sood said...

Oh, this is simply superb.. beautiful take on the prompt.. lessons hidden in it..

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lesson of life ! Please have a wonderful new week.

daily athens

Weasel said...

Awesome post! Wonderfully written work! =)

-Weasel

Patti said...

Oh I like this- lots of questions asked... And I think it is YOUR choice who to be- maybe a combination of it all!

Tumblewords: said...

Great response to the prompt!

Amity said...

Making the right choices? We always end up not having made the right ones, but I guess, when is a right or wrong choice?

Unknown said...

Beautiful..Our choice is same...

Jim said...

I hadn't thought about that but we don't make a choice without thinking about it. Part of the definition is an act of chosing which requires thought.
This is a nice read although pretty complicated for me.
..

haisley said...

Nice poem! Love it so much!!! Hope you will read mine.... Thanks

http://scjcircleofthoughts.blogspot.com