Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Single Impression : Elusive

I gave my 100%
I was very positive
Hopes in heart high
Trust complete
No stone left unturned

Some progress did give hopes
Enthusiasm reinforced
Prayers often

But soon it appeared to follow the old pattern
One step forward, two backward
No light seen at the end of the tunnel
Doubts surface
Heart tender yet not ready to give up

Eyes turn to picture of Krishna
On wall in front of me
“You have right only to your efforts not the result
Comes to mind His message in Gita

 Picture seems hazy and distorted
Through tears filling eyes

-
OSI Prompt : Elusive

11 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Deep and poignant. An excellent write.

Anonymous said...

The words: “You have right only to your efforts not the result,” really sums-up the meaning of this poem nicely.

Geraldine said...

Yes, how true this can be at times. Beautifully expressed.

http://veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/a-mr-cheddar-haiku-elusive-prey/

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

It is difficult not to cling to the result!


A haibun, Honey for My Soul

Anonymous said...

hi Harashad, i can relate to this
perceptive poem.

Karen said...

All we can do is our best, and we should never give up hope!

The Write Girl said...

What a deep and emotional poem. One can only pray that the efforts will pay off someday. Beautifully written!

Pranita said...

Intense! And the message of lord Krishna... Very true.. Karma!
Behind that elusive mask!

Jim said...

A very nice poem, Harshad. It reminded me of my 'advanced calculus' class (my next after 'differential equations).

That was my last math class and I had to drop it because it was too hard for me to find the concepts hidden in 'only' eight axioms.

Thank you for visit and your nice comment. I am late because I have been out of pocket (elusive).
..

rebecca said...

your poem is a saga of the human spirit. thank you for your visit and warm invitation to enjoy your writer's heart.

Tracy Crenshaw said...

Lovely poem. The ultimate spirit of defeat is heartbreaking. The line “You have right only to your efforts not the result,” can be so hard to swallow sometimes. Oh, how I wish I could control the results.